Conference Agenda and App
The provisional conference agenda can be accessed online here.
For planning your participation at the IAMO Forum 2019, you can use the Conference4me smartphone app. Browse the complete program directly from your phone or tablet and create your very own agenda. The app is available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Kindle Fire devices.
To download the mobile app, please visit http://conference4me.psnc.pl/download/ or type "conference4me" in Google Play, iTunes App Store, Windows Phone Store or Amazon Appstore, install the app and go to the "Search"-Function and enter "IAMO Forum 2019". Please note that the program is still provisional.
The preliminary conference program can be accessed online here.
Day 1. Small farms: their role, challenges and opportunities
- Role of small farms for agricultural growth, food security and resilience
- Commercialization and smallholder participation in value chains
- Informality and small farms
- Interaction between corporate agribusiness and small farms
- New forms of cooperation in rural areas
- Role of women in small farm development and income diversification
- Spatial aspects of smallholder farming including migration
Day 2. Policies for small farms: growth vs. social goals
- How should the state support small farms
- Policies promoting competitiveness of small farms
- Public goods for enabling livelihood strategies of rural households
- Political economy of agricultural and pro-poor public policies
- Agricultural support: redistribution tool vs. growth engine
- Role of land tenure security for small farms
- Land management and land relations
- Access to finance and non land production factors
Day 3. The future of semi-subsistence farms
- Semi-subsistence farming as retirement strategy or transitory stage to commercialisation
- Small farms in developed and developing world
- Politicians’ perspectives on small farms’ development
- Interest representation of small farms
- Modern technology and the future of small farms